42nd Annual General Meeting
February 11, 2021 12:45 pm
- the agenda and registration links for the meeting are available by visiting this page. All producers and their families, along with industry stakeholders, are invited to attend. The AGM will take place using the virtual Zoom platform.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic (and associated restrictions on gatherings and social distancing requirements), holding general meetings in person has, like other large social events, become very difficult.
The 42nd Annual General Meeting will be delivered using a virtual platform. Attendees may participate in the entire meeting using a desktop or laptop computer, tablet (i.e. iPad), or smartphone (i.e. iPhone). A dedicated phone line will also be available for anyone who prefers to call in.
Manitoba Beef Producers’ board of directors is accepting in writing suggested late resolutions for potential debate at its virtual 42nd Annual General Meeting set for February 11, 2021. If the resolution is deemed to be in order by MBP’s Resolutions Committee it will be considered for debate at the resolutions session. In consultation with the resolution’s author, proposed resolutions may be subject to editing by MBP for clarity and to ensure consistency of formatting across all resolutions.
Please send the proposed resolution (along with your contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of General Manager Carson Callum and Policy Analyst Maureen Cousins. Alternatively, you may fax it to 1-204-774-3264 or mail it to 220-530 Century Street, Winnipeg MB R3H 0Y4.
For resolutions to be reviewed by MBP’s board of directors and posted on MBP’s website prior to the 42nd AGM for others to see, they need to be received by MBP no later than 8:30 a.m., Friday, February 5, 2021.
Draft Agenda (last updated January 4, 2021)
Thursday, February 11, 2021
MBP’s Annual General Meeting Convenes
12:45 – 1:00 Livestock Predation Prevention Pilot Project update – Ray Bittner, project lead
1:00 – 1:10 Cattlemen’s Young Leaders Program – Laura Plett, program participant
1:10 – 1:20 MBP General Manager Carson Callum calls meeting to order and explains procedures for the virtual business meeting
1:20 – 1:30 Greetings from Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development Minister Blaine Pedersen
1:30 – 2:30 Business Portion of the Annual General Meeting
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from 2020 41st MBP AGM
- Report from the President
- Report from the General Manager
- Report from the Finance Chair
- Review of MBP’s audited financial statement
- Appointment of MBP auditor for the upcoming fiscal year
- Review and approval of proposed amendments to MCPA By-law No. 1/89 (Administration By-Law)
- Introduction and ratification of MBP Directors
2:30 – 2:40 Health Break
2:40 – 3:45 Resolutions debate
- Adoption of Standing Rules for Resolutions Session
3:45 – 5:00 Guest Speaker – Dr. Frank Mitloehner, UC Davis
5:00 Closing remarks by incoming president
Registration for the AGM is free and available by clicking here:
To be eligible to vote at MBP’s 42nd Annual General Meeting, you must be a member in good standing of the association. Click here for more details.