KOREAN BEEF BOWL
- 1 lb (500g) sliced ribeye steak or other tender cut of beef
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili garlic paste
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (15 mL) BeeMaid Honey
- ¼ tsp (2.5 mL) ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (for pan fry)
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- grated carrots
- cucumber slices (quick picked, optional)
- In a small bowl whisk garlic, ginger, sesame oil, chili garlic paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and ground pepper. Add beef slices to coat or marinade in a ziplock bag. Marinade for 15-30 min while preparing your sides and toppings.
- Bring a large frying pan (or cast iron pan) to high heat, add canola oil, place beef slices onto pan. Cook for 1-2 min on each side while use tongs to toss beef. Avoid over cooking beef.
- Remove beef from heat and serve with side of rice and your choice of suggested toppings.
Recipe courtesy of Tamara Sarkisian, RD (Fruitfulkitchen.ca)