1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound ground beef (80% fat / 20% lean)
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
4 hamburger buns
4 slices cheese
burger toppings of choice
- Heat your flat cooking surface (cast iron pan/flat top griddle) on high heat.
- Add oil, and continue until oil just starts to smoke.
- Form beef into 2-4 oz balls
- One at a time, place beef balls onto cooking surface. Immediately press flat using sturdy spatula, thinner is better!
- Season burger with salt and pepper.
- Let cook for approximately two minutes, or until burger is mostly cooked through, then flip.
- Add cheese, if desired.
- To melt the cheese, add a little water to the cooking surface, then cover both the burger, and the water under a lid.
- Remove burger once cooked, add to bun with toppings of your choice, and enjoy!
Watch the video here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=993113934846240