THAI BEEF NOODLE SALAD
– 2 Tbsp brown sugar
– 1/4 cup lime juice (3 limes)
– 3 tsp fish sauce
– 1 red thai chili, crushed & chopped
– 1 clove garlic, crushed
– 1 lb beef, rib eye steak or tenderloin
– 1 shallot, finely sliced
– 150 g (3 bundles), glass noodles
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
– 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
– 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
– 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
– peanuts (optional)
1) Season both sides of beef with salt and pepper.
2) Place glass noodles into a large bowl of hot water and set aside for 5 min to soften, then discard water.
3) In a small bowl, combine sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, thai chili and garlic.
1) In a large bowl, combine shallots, cherry tomato, cucumber, cilantro, mint and noodles.
2) Grill beef on high heat to desired doneness, 4 min on each side for med/rare (5-6 min for medium). Slice beef into thin bite size strips and mix into salad bowl along with dressing. Garnish with peanuts (optional).