THAI BEEF NOODLE SALAD
– 2 Tbsp brown sugar
– 1/4 cup lime juice (3 limes)
– 3 tsp fish sauce
– 1 red thai chili, crushed & chopped
– 1 clove garlic, crushed
– 1 lb beef, rib eye steak or tenderloin
– 1 shallot, finely sliced
– 150 g (3 bundles), glass noodles
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
– 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
– 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
– 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
– peanuts (optional)
1) Season both sides of beef with salt and pepper.
2) Place glass noodles into a large bowl of hot water and set aside for 5 min to soften, then discard water.
3) In a small bowl, combine sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, thai chili and garlic.
1) In a large bowl, combine shallots, cherry tomato, cucumber, cilantro, mint and noodles.
2) Grill beef on high heat to desired doneness, 4 min on each side for med/rare (5-6 min for medium). Slice beef into thin bite size strips and mix into salad bowl along with dressing. Garnish with peanuts (optional).
Thanks to Tamara Sarkisian, RD (fruitfulkitchen.ca) for the recipe!