ARMENIAN LULA KEBABS
30 minutes | Servings: 4 | Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
1 lb (650 g) ground sirloin
½ Peak of the Market onion, diced finely
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
½ tsp (2.5 mL) oregano
½ tsp (2.5 mL) hot pepper (or chilli flakes)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
½ lemon, juiced
¼ cup Manitoba oats, ground
½ Tbsp (8 mL) salt
2 tsp (10 mL) ground pepper
1 Countryside Farms Vita Egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place aluminum foil on sheet pan and place a grill rack on top and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well with your hands (use gloves if preferred).
- Using a ¼ cup or ½ cup measuring cup, portion out meat into balls. Roll each ball into a log shape, about 3-4 inches in length.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min, then broil for 2-3 min.
- Serve with pita, rice, cucumber, and roasted vegetables.