BANH MI SANDWICH with GRILLED BEEF
As featured on Great Tastes of Manitoba Season 34 digital cooking series
BIG MAC TACOS
As featured in the September 2023 edition of Cattle Country
FLANK STEAK SHAWARMA WRAP with ZHOUG
As featured in the August 2023 edition of Cattle Country
SPICY KOREAN REUBEN SANDWICHES
As featured in the June 2023 edition of Cattle Country
BORSCHT with HOMEMADE BEEF BROTH
As featured in the May 2023 edition of Cattle Country
BEEF TACO CASSEROLE
As featured on the 4-H Manitoba Virtual Cooking Series
Great Tastes of Manitoba
Manitoba Beef Producers is a proud partner in Great Tastes of Manitoba (GTOM), the province’s longest running, locally produced television series that reaches more Manitobans each week than anything on the Food Network.
Showcasing nutritious, affordable, delicious foods grown by Manitoba’s farmers.
Each week local experts representing Manitoba Farmers join host Dez Daniels in the kitchen. They cook and share stories about how food is produced in Manitoba, and tips for choosing and preparing these locally grown ingredients.
GTOM’s food experts offer tested recipes using simple ingredients to make everything from appetizers to desserts.
Saturdays at 6:30pm on CTV Winnipeg.
Watch past GTOM episodes online at greattastesmb.ca.
Canadian Beef Production Facts
Did You Know?
- There are approximately 60,000 farms and ranches with beef cattle across Canada.
- The average beef cow herd size in Canada is 69.
- There are a lot of small cattle farms with 39% of the farms having less than 47 cows.
- In 2016, Canada produced 3 billion pounds of beef, up 9.6% from 2015.
- Canadians eat 40.12 pounds (18.2 kg) of beef per person annually.
- Canada is the 12th largest beef exporting country in the world.
- Beef production contributed $16 billion to Canada’s economy (2012-2016 average).
(Information courtesy of Canada Beef)