JAMAICAN PATTIES WITH PEACH MANGO CHUTNEY
As featured in the August 2022 edition of Cattle Country
SWEET AND SPICY GLAZED KIMCHI MEATBALLS
As featured at the June 2022 Save on Foods Meet a Rancher event
UKRAINIAN MEAT BUNS (Perishky)
As featured in the June 2022 edition of Cattle Country
BEEF POPPERS WITH CREAM CHEESE
As featured in the May 2022 edition of Cattle Country
BEEF SHEPHERD’S PIE
As featured in the February 2022 issue of Cattle Country
GRILLED STEAK WITH KALE CAESER SALAD AND SMASHED POTATOES
As featured on Great Tastes of Manitoba Season 32
Great Tastes of Manitoba
Manitoba Beef Producers is a proud partner in Great Tastes of Manitoba (GTOM), the province’s longest running, locally produced television series that reaches more Manitobans each week than anything on the Food Network.
Showcasing nutritious, affordable, delicious foods grown by Manitoba’s farmers.
Each week local experts representing Manitoba Farmers join host Dez Daniels in the kitchen. They cook and share stories about how food is produced in Manitoba, and tips for choosing and preparing these locally grown ingredients.
GTOM’s food experts offer tested recipes using simple ingredients to make everything from appetizers to desserts.
Saturdays at 6:30pm on CTV Winnipeg.
Watch past GTOM episodes online at greattastesmb.ca.
Canadian Beef Production Facts
Did You Know?
- There are approximately 60,000 farms and ranches with beef cattle across Canada.
- The average beef cow herd size in Canada is 69.
- There are a lot of small cattle farms with 39% of the farms having less than 47 cows.
- In 2016, Canada produced 3 billion pounds of beef, up 9.6% from 2015.
- Canadians eat 40.12 pounds (18.2 kg) of beef per person annually.
- Canada is the 12th largest beef exporting country in the world.
- Beef production contributed $16 billion to Canada’s economy (2012-2016 average).
(Information courtesy of Canada Beef)