ASIAN BEEF NOODLE BOWL
- 8 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup sodium reduced beef broth
- 1 pkg fresh Asian noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
In a microwave-safe bowl or casserole, combine beef, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Gradually stir in broth. Add noodles, peas and red pepper. Mix well — cover with plastic wrap or lid. Microwave at 70% power for 8 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes — mix well.
Insert stem of rapid-read thermometer into centre of mixture, thermometer should read 160F (71C). If not, cook another 30 to 60 seconds on High. Stir in carrot and green onion. Top each serving with peanuts.
*Fresh Asian noodles are available in the produce or Asian sections of the grocery store. This recipe works with Lean Ground Beef, too.
Courtesy of Canada Beef Inc.