BEEF NOODLE BOWL
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tbsp Asian chili sauce
- 3/4 lb beef stir-fry strips or 1/2-inch thick (1 cm) beef
- 5 cup beef broth (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup sake (optional)
- 3 slices gingerroot (1/4 inch/5 mm thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cup bok choy or spinach leaves, sliced
- half pkg refrigerated fresh steamed chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup EACH slivered sweet red pepper and carrot, diced
- chopped green onion and fresh cilantro
- sesame oil
Combine soy sauce and chili sauce in large sealable freezer bag. Add beef strips and set aside.
Combine broth, sake (optional), gingerroot and garlic in stock pot, bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in bok choy and noodles, return to simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Add beef and its marinade, return to simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until beef is just pink inside and noodles are tender.
Transfer about 1 cup (250 mL) noodles, meat and bok choy with tongs to each of 4 soup bowls. Top each with red pepper, green beans, onion and cilantro (to taste) and about 1 cup (250 mL) hot broth. Finish each with a few drops of sesame oil.
Courtesy of Canada Beef Inc.