BEEF POPPERS with CREAM CHEESE
8 hours 20 minutes (includes marinating time)
Servings: 36-40 poppers
Prep: 8 hours 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Zesty Italian Marinade
- ¼ Cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ Cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp BeeMaid Honey
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- ½ Cup canola oil
- 276 g Inside Round Marinating Steak
- ½ Cup zesty Italian marinade
- 375 g bacon, thin cut, sliced in thirds
- 8-10 pepperoncini, cored, deseeded, and quartered
- 1/3 Cup cream cheese, whipped
- In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients except oil and blend on high until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- In a slow steady stream, add oil until it forms an emulsified dressing, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a sealed container and chill until required.
- Slice steak into very thin strips about 2” in length. Add to a shallow covered container and pour ½ Cup of Zesty Italian Marinade. Toss to coat and fully submerge. Allow to marinate for a minimum of 8 hours up to 24 hours in fridge.
- Layer lengthwise one 1/3 piece of bacon, one strip of marinated steak and one chunk of pepperoncini, lined up from the bottom leaving about 1” of bacon space along top. Roll upwards into a tight roll and pierce with a toothpick through the middle to secure, assuring you’ve pierced through the pepperoncini so it doesn’t fall out when cooking. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Barbecue: Heat grill on high heat. Using a grill mat, place poppers on top and grill about 10 minutes, turning as to evenly brown all sides. Adjust heat as necessary as to not char your poppers too badly!
- Stove Top: In a non-stick frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, fry skewered poppers until bacon is lightly crispy, browned and steak is cooked through. About 8 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Allow to rest for about 5 minutes and then serve with a dollop of whipped cream cheese on top.