BEER-BALSAMIC OUTSIDE ROUND
- ½ cup (125 mL) beer, either lager or ale
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 – 1 ½ lb (750 g) inside/outside round steak (could also be flank steak)
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl and set aside.
- Take steak and poke holes with fork, all over on both sides. Cover with marinade and refrigerate for 12 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove meat from marinade and pat dry. Reserve marinade for serving purposes. Grill over medium high heat for about 10-12 minutes per side. Flip twice for an internal temperature of 145°F. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Alternately, you can cook the meat in a cast-iron pan on the stove top, following the same cooking instructions to reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Transfer marinade to small saucepan for 10 minutes, until it has thickened. Serve with meat.