GOURMET GRILLED BEEF DIP
- 4 slices crusty white bread – something like a sourdough; you want hearty bread for this sandwich
- 15-20 g smoked gouda
- 15-20 g extra old cheddar
- both cheeses cut fairly thin to ensure that the cheese melts evenly, about 3-4 slices of each per sandwich
- Butter, for spreading
- Leftover brisket, sliced 1/8”-1/4” thick – about 3-4 slices per sandwich
- Slice bread into ½” slices. Spread the outside of the bread with butter.
- Heat heavy bottomed skillet/cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Place one slice of each sandwich down on the pan, buttered side down. Layer cheese first, then brisket, then the other cheese. Lay the second piece of bread on top.
- Fry until golden brown on the bottom – about 5-10 minutes. Flip carefully so nothing falls out of the sandwich.
- Once you’ve flipped the sandwich, press down with a spatula so it compacts the sandwich. Fry until the other side is golden brown – about 5-10 minutes.
- If you like, you can serve the sandwich with some of the leftover jus from the slow cooker, warmed.