MARINATED TERIYAKI FLANK STEAK
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tsp corn statch
- 1 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, diced
- Slice flank steak thinly, across the grain. Combine corn starch and hoisin sauce. Toss with flank steak and let sit for 1 hour.
- Measure and combine all sauce ingredients into bowl or measuring cup. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp canola oil.
- Add beef to frying pan and cook until done, about 10 minutes. When the meat is done, add the sauce. Stir to coat the meat and let thicken in the pan – about 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice and steamed veggies; could even toss the veggies into the pan with the sauce to heat through and coat.