- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Yields: 4 Servings
Ingredients2 cups (500 mL) Slow Cooker South-Western Pulled Beef (recipe follows)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- Spoon 1/2 cup (125 mL) Pulled Beef on half of 1 large flour tortilla.
- Top beef with some cheese and jalapeño peppers. Fold tortilla over filling; repeat with 3 more tortillas.
- Bake on parchment paper-lined baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven, turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes per side.
- Slow-Cooker South-Western Pulled Beef: Heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat; brown a 4 lb (2 kg) Boneless Blade Beef Pot Roast all over, turning with tongs. Transfer to slow-cooker. Drain fat. Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 cup (250 mL) beef broth, 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) EACH crushed tomatoes and whole tomatoes, 1 pouch onion soup mix, 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH tomato paste, chili powder and ground cumin, ¼ tsp (1 mL) EACH black pepper and cayenne pepper to Dutch oven. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring up any brown bits. Pour over beef in slow-cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours until beef is fork-tender. Skim fat from liquid. Leave meat in sauce, remove twine. Whisk flour into 1/4 cup (50 mL) cold water; whisk into sauce in slow-cooker. Cover and cook on high, stirring once, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Use two forks to pull the beef into shreds. Makes: 13 cups (3.25 L)