M-M-MARVELLOUS MUSHROOM BEEF BURGERS
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean or Lean Ground Beef Sirloin or Round*
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup (50 mL) EACH dried bread crumbs and finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH dried oregano and basil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, mushrooms, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix lightly and shape into 4 to 6 patties, 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick.
- Grill, broil or pan-fry using medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side, until digital rapid-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty reads at least 160°F (71°C). At this temperature, patties are cooked regardless of colour.
- Tuck patties into toasted buns.
*Other Options: Lean Ground Chuck or Lean/Extra Lean Ground Beef
A good source of Iron (19% RDI) and an excellent source of Zinc (56% RDI)
Protein 24 g
Total Fat 14 g
Total Carbohydrates 7 g