CHINESE CURRY STIR FRY
Try our latest Chinese style curried beef with a side of mixed vegetables.
SKIRT STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI
Skirt Steak with Chimichurri may look fancy, but it's simple to make and full of fresh flavour!
BEEF & FINE CHEDDAR WRAPS
Perfect Appetizer or After School Snack!
ASIAN BEEF NOODLE BOWL
Quick, Healthy, Delicious!
BEEF NOODLE BOWL
Quick, Satisfying Dinner loaded with Antioxidants!
BEEF AND PASTA PRONTO
Need dinner on the table in a hurry? Then this is your dish!
Great Tastes of Manitoba
Manitoba Beef Producers is a proud partner in Great Tastes of Manitoba (GTOM), the province’s longest running, locally produced television series that reaches more Manitobans each week than anything on the Food Network.
Showcasing nutritious, affordable, delicious foods grown by Manitoba’s farmers.
Each week local experts representing Manitoba Farmers join host Dez Daniels in the kitchen. They cook and share stories about how food is produced in Manitoba, and tips for choosing and preparing these locally grown ingredients.
GTOM’s food experts offer tested recipes using simple ingredients to make everything from appetizers to desserts.
Saturdays at 6:30pm on CTV Winnipeg.
Watch past GTOM episodes online at greattastesmb.ca.
Canadian Beef Production Facts
Did You Know?
- There are approximately 60,000 farms and ranches with beef cattle across Canada.
- The average beef cow herd size in Canada is 69.
- There are a lot of small cattle farms with 39% of the farms having less than 47 cows.
- In 2016, Canada produced 3 billion pounds of beef, up 9.6% from 2015.
- Canadians eat 40.12 pounds (18.2 kg) of beef per person annually.
- Canada is the 12th largest beef exporting country in the world.
- Beef production contributed $16 billion to Canada’s economy (2012-2016 average).
(Information courtesy of Canada Beef)