STRIPLOIN MEDALLIONS WITH CARAMELIZED PEAR & CRANBERRY SAUCE
Warm holiday flavours are found throughout this impressive dish. Treat good friends to this easy-to-make steak dinner.
ACE’S SIRLOIN STEAK BURGER
Featured recipe at Agriculture in the City’s Cooking Demo. Stacked high and developed for Ace Burpee, past host of Great Tastes of Manitoba. Enjoy this mouth-watering steak burger with your family.
Light and easy classic family main course salad.
SANTA FE STEAK SALAD
A tasty Santa Fe Steak Salad with a zesty peanut lime dressing.
RIB-EYE STEAKS WITH PISTOU
The Pistou recipe is the French version of Italian pesto sauce.
FLANK STEAK FAJITAS
Grilling the flank steak outdoors on the barbecue during the warm months. Or during cold-weather, pan-fry or broil steak instead of firing up the grill.
Great Tastes of Manitoba
Manitoba Beef Producers is a proud partner in Great Tastes of Manitoba (GTOM), the province’s longest running, locally produced television series that reaches more Manitobans each week than anything on the Food Network.
Showcasing nutritious, affordable, delicious foods grown by Manitoba’s farmers.
Each week local experts representing Manitoba Farmers join host Dez Daniels in the kitchen. They cook and share stories about how food is produced in Manitoba, and tips for choosing and preparing these locally grown ingredients.
GTOM’s food experts offer tested recipes using simple ingredients to make everything from appetizers to desserts.
Saturdays at 6:30pm on CTV Winnipeg.
Watch past GTOM episodes online at greattastesmb.ca.
Canadian Beef Production Facts
Did You Know?
- There are approximately 60,000 farms and ranches with beef cattle across Canada.
- The average beef cow herd size in Canada is 69.
- There are a lot of small cattle farms with 39% of the farms having less than 47 cows.
- In 2016, Canada produced 3 billion pounds of beef, up 9.6% from 2015.
- Canadians eat 40.12 pounds (18.2 kg) of beef per person annually.
- Canada is the 12th largest beef exporting country in the world.
- Beef production contributed $16 billion to Canada’s economy (2012-2016 average).
(Information courtesy of Canada Beef)
Beef Fact Sheets
Canadian Beef Industry Fast Facts
Understanding Irradiated Ground Beef
Understanding Grass Fed and Grain Fed Beef
Answering your questions about world-class Canadian Beef
Worried about hormones in cattle?